Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Installation of Oracle 9.2 on OEL5 / RHEL5

Hi

It has been a while (almost two Years!) since I last blogged. Been busy :-)

For testing purposes at a customer, I have been trying to install Oracle 11.1, 10.2 and 9.2. I choose Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.2, thinking the latest would be the easiest. This was probably a bad idea though.

Anyway... 11.1 and 10.2 went smoothly, but with 9.2, the installer would not start.

I have been trying many things, but the solution appears to be simple: patch cd 1 with Metalink Patch no. 3906173. In effect, it replaces a jar file and setting JRE_LOCATION to a jre1.3.1 (which I had to download).

Also, with 9.2.0.4, we now need to export ORACLE_HOME to a valid (and writeable) destination. (bug 3547724)

There might be some dependencies to some RPM's, as I have installed several in a desperate attempt to get this to work :-)

This I will leave up to You to verify - have fun!

/Kim

No comments: